The top ten weather related songs, as chosen by you on Facebook and Twitter are:
1. Let It Snow by various artists.
2. Mr Blue Sky by ELO.
3. Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.
4. It’s Raining Men by The Weather Girls.
5. Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles.
6. Purple Rain by Prince.
7. Why Does It Always Rain On Me? by Travis.
8. November Rain by Guns and Roses.
9. Sunshine On A Rainy Day by Zoe.
10. Weather With You by Crowded House.
They didn’t make our top ten, but some of our favourites included ‘Under Pressure’ by Queen and David Bowie and The Flood by Take That.
My favourite. Spiers and Boden “The rain it rains”.
The rain it rains most every day
(Lyrics courtesy of William Shakespeare)
Not quite a song, but a good opportunity to remember Weather Report, awesome jazz band of 1980s and 90s, and their hit record Heavy Weather.