As the fine weather continues across much of the UK the media have focused very much on what the Easter weekend weather will be like and whether the fine and warm spell will last until the Royal Wedding. Of course, it is just too early to give a definite forecast for London for the 29th April, but the Met Office continues to look ahead to the weather for the long weekend coming and beyond.
Today has, once again been the warmest day this year with temperatures reaching 26.2 deg C at Charlwood, Surrey. The fine weather is expected to last into the Easter weekend with many places seeing fine and sunny weather however there will be some low cloud or mist on eastern coasts and the risk of some isolated heavy afternoon showers.
The fine weather we are seeing right now certainly does not mean that it will last all the way through to the Royal Wedding at the end of next week. The Met Office 6 to 15 day forecast provides more information on the extended outlook.
- Britain heading for warmest Easter weekend on record (telegraph.co.uk)
- Easter roaster (thesun.co.uk)
- Britain to sizzle on Easter weekend (mirror.co.uk)
- Britain set to sizzle over the Easter weekend (independent.co.uk)
- Sunshine for the Easter holidays with just a few April showers (telegraph.co.uk)